WE ARE HIRING
We currently have positions available in both Denver and Colorado Springs.
- Three previous job references
- Trails background check for child abuse/neglect
- Criminal record check, including an FBI fingerprint check in the children’s programs
- Motor vehicle record check
- Physical exam and/or TB test
- Verification of education and previous experience
- Minimum age requirements.
Required Training for New Employees:
All employees are in training for the first three months of their employment. During this time, training and supervision are heightened.
- Medication administration certification
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Client abuse, neglect, and exploitation training
- Introduction to Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Safety Cares
- Agency Orientation
- Required Documentation
- Program Orientation
- Defensive driving
- Universal precautions
- Emergency Preparedness
* In addition to the training provided for new employees, all employees are expected to receive 24 hours of ongoing training each year.
Host Home Provider
Become a Host Home Provider/Independent Contractor for adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics/skills:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have dependable and reliable transportation with the ability to transport safely
- Ability to pass multiple background checks
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
- Excellent social skills to interface with families and individuals with developmental disabilities
- Detail-oriented and task-oriented
- Reliable, dependable, and motivated
- Must pass a HUD inspection and have at least one available bedroom
- Experience and knowledge working with the developmentally disabled community preferred.
- In addition, we are looking for homes that have wheelchair accessibility throughout the main living space.
- Must have accessibility in and out of the home with ramps or be wheelchair friendly
- A passion for actively working to improve the lives of persons with disabilities
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities, mental health, and trauma preferred.
- Interventions/Re-direction in an effective, calm, and caring manner
- Desire to work closely within a community network of family members, individuals, and agencies
- CNA or medical training is preferred but not required.
Contractors receive competitive stipends to care for the individual(s) in the provider’s home. This position is responsible for 24/7 care in the provider’s home. Roundup Fellowship provides all training.